Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Black and Orange

Yesterday I was COVERED in BLACK and ORANGE. BLACK from cleaning the canner which my camp chef turned BLACK. While washing and scrubbing the burnt "stuff" off the canner, I looked up to see the disaster I'd created. Did you know, that when you scrub BLACK stuff of a pan, it will SPRAY BLACK particles onto your blinds, counter tops, microwave, stove, cupboards, cloths, face, arms, floor, and ceiling? Then...when you go to clean those millions of BLACK particles, it will make them streak BLACK stuff everywhere causing the color BLACK to take over yourself and your kitchen. ORANGE came from the hundreds of PEACHES that were washed, boiled, cooled, peeled, cut, and bottled. Sorry Robert, I wore one of your blue shirts and it is now decorated and ready for HALLOWEEN:)


I still have a couple hundred peaches to wash, boil, cool, peel, cut, and can. My hands are RAW from yesterday, my floor is still sticky even after a good mop job, BLACK streaks and specs are still everywhere, and my (Roberts:( ) shirt is ruined, hum......maybe those peaches can decorate someone elses kitchen for the holiday. Anybody up for some BLACK and ORANGE in their kitchen?

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Your adventure sounds sooo much like mine! (Only I was doing pears.) Your peaches sure look yummy and I'm sure they will taste wonderful come January or February when a fresh peach can't be found anywhere! About Robert's shirt--what happened? Were you wearing it? ;)

Saville Family said...

Those canned peaches look glorious in the sunlight! I loved making applesauce with the apples in our backyard tree. How I miss having my own fruit trees. Good job!

The Bergmans said...

What an awesome homemaker! Your peaches look delicious!