Monday, October 13, 2008

Are your bags packed?

So, I'm back!!! Last Monday as you all know from my sister posting for me, I had my baby Zack.

Last Monday Robert and I went in for our normal doctor's check-up. We get there and my blood pressure was a little high. (I've never had high blood pressure) Also, I had protein in my um... urine. (never had that before either) so, my doctor calmly says that I need to go upstairs and be monitored for an hour to make sure things are okay or else he was going to deliver. (Robert and I had to ask what he meant by "deliver", the doctor said, we'll deliver today if needed) Also, he said it was a 50/50 chance. So we take the doctors orders and head upstairs for monitoring and testing. The whole time the nurse is leading us to believe we are going home and this is very common to get checked and leave. But, she kept getting mad at me for asking what my blood pressure was and said to relax. (um...I just found out that I may have my baby today, my bags are not packed, I have a messy house, laundry is not done, Payton was only supposed to be at my sisters for an hour and we are going on 3 hours, I'm a bit stressed, and the nurse is mad at me because my blood pressure is still high. hum...I wonder why?) Anyways, after a few hours we find out this is going to happen for the safety of me (baby was always okay) so we get all the local family on the phone and invite them to the waiting party. We got to the hospital that day at 4:00pm, family arrived around 7:30-8:00pm and Zack was born at 9:26pm. All I can say was, "Holy crap, that came and gone FAST, and next time (5 years!!!) I will have my bags packed and in the trunk way early.



Payton is in love with kissing Zack and is doing so much better with him around. The first few day of being home we were going to sale Payton on Ebay to the highest bidder, but he has began to adjust so much better to having a little brother around. (It helps that the babies sleep all day so the focus can still be on Payton 90% of the time)

3 comments:

Wes, Nicki, and Boys said...

Even though it was hectic for you, I am glad that everything was okay. Having babies is so unpredictable! That's funny that you say you wanted to sell Payton on Ebay. Wes always says that he is going to sell Bryson to Arab slave traders! :) Congratulations again! He is very adorable!

Sarah Smith said...

He is such a doll. I am glad to hear that all is well. i was waiting for mandie to call and tell me you were alright but i finally text her. Keep in touch i am glad all is well!

Michelle said...

You weren't messin' around. As if your BP would have gone down....

Congrats and doing an awesome job. You cranked that little boy out quick!