Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wasatch Back Relay 2008

Robert and his team of 12 ran from Logan to Park City. They were split up into two vans. 6 boys in one and 6 girls in the other. I was the lucky driver of the 6 Stinky guys. Each vehicle ran 3 times, each runner ran anywhere from 3.5-8.5 miles at a time. While one of the vehicles were running the other team vehicle was somewhere eating and sleeping. We started at 9:20am on Friday and ended around 2:00pm on Saturday. Robert did awesome and loved the running so much he signed up for the Top of Utah Marathon in September. The race was a blast and Robert and I are going to try and put a team together for next year, so if anyone is interested...let us know. (when I say anyone, I mean anyone from anywhere, we had a guy from Hawaii on our team.)


This first picture is Robert's brother Stu ending his run, and Robert starting his.



This is Robert during the middle of his first run.



This is our 6 guys waiting to cheer on one of our girl runners.



We slept at a park somewhere from 9:00pm to 11:00pm. (I should say, we rested, listened to constant car doors shut, and tossed and turned on the hard ground.) But we did get great sleep from 6:00am to 9:00am at a different park.



This is Robert during the hardest run of the whole race. He got to run 4 miles at a 7.9% incline in 90 degree weather. He did so good, I was so proud of him. And look what I get to look at everyday. What a hotty!!!



This was the team. They all did so good and made it a blast. Stay tuned next year for hot running pictures of me.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

That sounds like a fun and long race. Where was Payton during all this?

PS - I laughed when I saw that you were a David C. fan and I a David A. American Idol is such a great show!

*Jord and Amy* said...

Way Fun!! I didn't know Robert was a runner. We have a good friend from down here that did that race. She was telling us how crazy that part was that was 4 miles up hill. She wasn't the one who ran it, but it pained her to watch! That's awesome Robert did it! She said she had fun, even though it kicked her butt! Sorry but I don't think I will be joining you next year- I wish I could run like that! I guess I would have a whole year to train, but after seeing her not be able to move for two days I'm not so sure! Tell Robert way to go!!

The Anderson Clan said...

I would say that looks fun, but I would be lying...and I'm a Christian, so...looks tough!

P.S. I hate running!

Fonzareli said...

I have so much admiration for runners. These crazy people that must have been dropped on their heads as small children are out in the elements no matter what the weather and they STILL enjoy it. None the less, WAY TO GO ROBERT!!!! P.S. When is Top of Utah? We usually do a water station. That's about as involved as I get when it comes to running.