Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm to cheap to buy a heart mold

so I decided to 'experiment' on my own and try molding my own heart shaped cupcakes.
They turned out better with less batter in the cup. I would fill them 1/2 full rather than 3/4 next time around.
oh, so cute

mommy got stuck painting the plain white frosting on the cupcakes. daddy wanted to play with the icing gadgets so he worked the red icing. and payton was elated to help with the sprinkles
I would invite you to come over and indulge yourself with one of our scrumptious cupcakes made with l o v e...
but
they are gone:(

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Those turned out cute! I've been told that dropping a marble between the cupcake paper and the pan will help make a heart shape, too. I haven't tried it, but I think Angie has. Just thought I'd share...

Tom and Audrie said...

Ditto to Ginger's comment....I have tried it and it worked but I think it would work better with less batter.

ren said...

So cute!!! I've heard about the marble trick as well, but haven't tried it yet. Yours turned out really great! You're so good at all the mommy things- baking, crafting...you rock!!! We ran into Robert at Ridley's last night...it sounds like you had the best valentines ever!!! I told Nick to take notes :-) Are you guys in town this weekend? We'd love to get together Friday or Saturday...let me know if you can!

Wes, Nicki, and Boys said...

Those do look yummy!!

Missy W. said...

Chelsea, I am so happy I found your blog - how are you guys? Your babies are so cute!